Rosacea page 2
10 Face Savers:To control rosacea outbreaks or reduce their severity, try the following suggestions:
1) Clean your face gently no more than twice a day with Cetaphil cleanser or the medicated cleanser prescribed by Dr. Minars
2) Avoid hot showers, baths or saunas.
3) Stay cool on hot or humid days (air conditioning and sip ice water).
4) Avoid the sun.
5) Switch from blades to an electric razor.
6) Find substitutes for hot spices such as pepper, cayenne and paprika. Instead of chili powder, try a 2-to-1 blend of cumin and oregano.
7) Try taking an antihistamine (e.g. Benadryl or Claritin) two hours before eating cheese, vinegar, processed beef or pork, or canned fish. It may also help to take an aspirin before meals high in niacin (meat, eggs, dairy)
8) Minimize stress with proper sleep, deep breathing exercises, visualization, stretching, or yoga.
9) Use transparent makeup with a green tint to help hide redness.
10) Ask Dr. Minars’ esthetician about skin care products that will not aggravate your condition.
© 2020 Minars Dermatology. All rights reserved.